Seven questions I answered for Define Art.
1. Where did you grow up & how long have you been on the coast?
I grew up in a small town in Alberta, Canada and moved to Toronto after high school. I moved to Italy in 2010 and then to Australia in 2014. I've been living on the Sunshine Coast since 2016.
2. How long have you been making or when did you start?
I've been making art ever since I was little, drawing on my mom's recipe cards. In prep I recall drawing a blue dog with glasses and a kid told me that dogs weren't blue and they didn't wear glasses. I knew that was exactly what I liked about drawing, that I could create things that didn't already exist.
3. What advice would you give your 12 year old self?
Trust yourself and be your own best friend.
4. Favourite Movie?
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
5. Favourite food or recipe?
6. Inspiration Who? What? Where?
I'm inspired by women and their experiences and challenges. I love lifestyle illustrations from the 1960s and the beauty and chaos of Italy.
7. If you were dreaming REALLY BIG, LIKE CRAZY BIG for your business what would your goal be???
To have one or some of my images become famous, to exhibit new collections around the world and to be invited to sketch at couture fashion shows and fancy events.